Okay, so I have a little confession to make- I had a hard time adjusting to life here for the first few weeks. It was a struggle and I still have mixed feelings about Nicaragua. Please hear me out- I love love LOVE NCA. I have been so blessed and I think Nicaragua is a beautiful country. But I have spent the past few weeks trying to picture myself here more then two months and I haven't been able to do it...until today.
One of the classes I teach is High School ESL. There are two girls in it and I love spending time with them and learning about their lives. It is a high light in my day. They are curious about me as well and have spent the last few days asking questions about my life, my family and how I like Nicaragua. Today, one of the girls asked me how long I was going to be here for. I told her until the end of the month. "Where will you go after that?" "Iowa." "Oh, then when do WE get you back?" I froze. She looked up at me, her eyes full of hope. I couldn't simply say "never" and leave it at that...so I mumbled something like "Well, I'm not sure if this is where God wants me." (what a dumb answer...I would have never bought such baloney when I was in high school)It didn't phase this girl, she immediately launched into an explanation of everyone she knew who said that...and then stayed. The funny thing, is that two hours ago I received an email asking for applications because most of the elementary is leaving next year. That email immediately flashed before my mind. I quickly pushed it out...I don't want to be here for more then two months. I miss my family, I miss Ukraine and I need money!
Fast forward two hours. I mentioned the above conversation to my co-operating teacher. Her response- "You need to be praying about that! There are so many job openings for next year!" Not what I was expecting. All I can say is that- Nicaragua- you are growing on me...God's in control of the rest and I trusting that He will let me know one way or another...
No comments:
Post a Comment