Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goodmorning?

I don't understand why you are talking to me. Can't you tell that I spent the night in the airport? I smell like the floor and frankly you are a little too peppy for 5:30 am. These were the thoughts going through my mind as two young men at the airport Starbucks struck up a conversation with Alli and I. Topic of interest: Where is Dordt college(we were wearing matching sweatshirts?) Alli was too tired to be thinking and promptly replied "I don't know". I mumbled something about it being in Iowa and our two new friends mulled over this new information with much interest. "What brings you to Texas?" They then asked. "Well, we are actually in route in Managua, Nicaragua," I replied. "Really?! Us too!" I cringed a little because the reply was a little too enthusiastic for the time in the morning. I tried to match his excitement, but failed miserably. "Wow. Really?" I replied flatly. We then proceeded to talk about why we were going. Our two new friends were vacationing down there because they "needed a break". Our conversation ended fairly quickly when they started making jokes about how Dordt must have only made two sweatshirts and on and on. Alli and I were way too tried to find anything witty to say back and they eventually left us to our coffee and muffins. Yes, this is the kind of stuff that happens at 5:30 am in the Houston International Airport. One more flight, then we shall be there:) Good morning everyone!

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! Oh Steph! I can just see the two of you being like, Ok, enough of this...goodbye! :) I really wish you had had your camera and had videoed this! That would be funny! :)

    ReplyDelete