Monday, January 3, 2011

travelling

Despite popular belief, I actually really hate the actual "travelling" part of any travel adventure. Once I am where I am going, I'm fine but this whole packing, repacking, flying over the ocean stuff is just no fun. For starters, I am an awful packer. I usually get sick and tired of packing at about 15 minutes into the process and then proceed to shove everything into my bag. Inevitably, I will forget something that is very important. For example- I left all my pens and sharpies at Dordt...not like those are very important to teachers or anything. I have scheduled a quick trip to Target this morning. Oh well, I am just praying that I didn't forget anything terribly important for Nicaragua. Passport- check. Jacket- check. Addresses (for postcards)- check. Money- Check. Guide to Student teaching- check. I think I have it all. Hopefully. I guess I'll find out when I get there:) Hasta la vista a Los Estados Unidos! Voy a ir a Nicaragua!

1 comment:

  1. Guide to Student Teaching: essential :) Haha. I hope and pray traveling went well and I can only guess the organized state of your suitcase- that is why I love you!! :) I think of you frequently as the school I'm at has a Spanish immersion preschool and I can just picture you speaking spanish to them all-well not kids that little- but you know what I mean :) Have a blast, keep us updated and TAKE PICTURES!!

    ReplyDelete